Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Computer Engineering at IPTA

The theory is proven right. I had a viral infection few days back and it took me about 4 days to get rid of it. Well there is a little cough and flu later, but the sore throat and fever is gone. So yeah, there is no point going to the doctor and taking antibiotics that does nothing. Btw, I'm fully recovered already so let's hang out shall we?

Things have been going pretty slow for me. Busy with application forms for local university and getting my documents ready for submission. Looks like I'll be heading back to SMK USJ 4 to certify my photostatted certificates and etc... Felt really bored this week since I'm not given much task to do. Damn, I'm afraid I would not be able to write my weekly report for the week...


Anyways, here is my list of local universities selected based on their priorities

UPU


I do know that some of my friends were asking about me heading back to UniMAP. Well, here are the few reasons why I've decided to return to UniMAP.

  1. UniMAP's degree for Computer Engineering is recognized by EAC and MQA
  2. 3 years of degree with 1 year credit exemption. For other IPTAs', UTeM and UTM offers 1 year credit exemption. The rest requires you to do a full 4 year degree programme in regardless of how many subjects/credits you are exempted.
  3. It is a lot cheaper compared to private universities offering engineering programmes such as Monash and Nottingham. I cannot afford to pay RM34,000 - RM37,000 per year for education. Even with scholarships + PTPTN, it would still be a burden for my parents. Local uni degree programmes are about RM2.8k per year only. See the difference?

Painful as it is to return to UniMAP, painful as it gets to leave my comfort zone, is something I had to sacrifice once more. I did so much for my diploma with only one intention: To get myself out of UniMAP and never again return to this place. My efforts are wasted... What more could I do...

1 comment:

Jane Kaylor said...

hope you are getting better… sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

i hope it works on you as well.