Sunday, May 16, 2010

Telemarketing

Had been working in an event management company for 4 days. I wouldn't say that this is a telemarketing job, more like a confirmation of a certain product purchased. Basically, my job is to call 15% out of 500 over phone numbers. The purpose of the call is to ensure that the correct customer's database has been entered into the Nokia's warranty card system.

telemarketing


Packed with enthusiasm, my colleague and I started calling as many numbers as we could. The script is given, so just follow the script as the call proceeds. On the 1st day itself, I finished about 250 phone numbers - 3 sheets. Same thing all over again for the next few days. But on the 3rd day, I realized that I went too fast, finishing quicker than expected. 5 days duration but gonna complete in maybe 3 1/2 days? That means I'll be paid for only 3 1/2 days!!! RM70 x 3 1/2 Zzz.

The sad thing is that the company emphasizes more on duration than progression. Imagine if each and everyone of them would take their own sweet time to complete their work. How are we supposed to improved if we aren't aggressive enough? I got really disappointed that my efforts didn't pay off.


Problems:

Not much scolding or complaints throughout my work. Exclusive Telecommunications company is really bad at their database in the sense that there are repetition of phone numbers on different sheets! Imagine calling the same person 2x or more. Confirm kena marah la dei. So if I stumbled into a familiar name, I'll search for the person's number in a few sheets. It really spoils your mood when you're scolded for nothing - that's our job anyway

I still remembered this one clearly:

"Why you call so many times ah! I am not using any Nokia handphones anymore! I am using I-phone ahhh!!"

Ever since then, I made sure I look carefully as I choose the numbers which I am about to call.

No comments: