Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sales Promoting

So, like I said in the previous entry, I'm gonna be blogging about my 2 days part time job in Giant Shah Alam. Here are the few questions that might answer most of your questions.

1) How do you know about this part time job?
- http://asiaparttime.com/

2) How long is your working hours and what are the wages?
- It is 12 hours. 2 hours break which is lunch & dinner. Wages are RM90 per day.

3) What product am I promoting?
- Magnolia's new product which is Oat Milk.

And as far as you know, I'm not working alone for sure. Jessica Lim is my partner. I actually had to find a female partner for this job. It was hard at first la since I don't know who is really available during the weekends. Girls la...u know. So, what happened on the 1st day of work. My dad fetched me to Giant Shah Alam, and yeah met the supervisor at Coffee Bean. Thn, he brought us to our lockers. It was abit creepy though...dark and gloomy. After putting down all our stuffs, we head to the back entrance. One guard will body check, and the other is incharge of keeping handphones. Swt man. No handphones...lol. After tht, we head straight to our location. The mini booth is located around the counter. Supervisor brief us about the stuff that we're gonna promote on that day, which is Magnolia's Oat Milk. Tasted like Horlicks. Haha.

At first, I didn't really know how to promote. What I did was simply making my 'own' way of approaching customer using the same method that i invent myself LOL. My 3 diff language when approching diff race. I will not be elaborating on cantonese la btw.

a) English - Hey Sir/Miss, would you like to try Magnolia's new product? Oat meal and milk blended up together. It is high in calcium, low in fat, and definitely high in fibre. It can control yr colestrol level since we know that oats absorbs colestrol. Lol. Not that long la of course.

b) Malay - Cik (can be used for encik and cik), nak cuba product baru drp Magnolia? Susu segar campur oat. Rasa macam horlick. Rendah lemak, tinggi calcium...cukup berkhasiat! Lebih berkhasiat drp susu biasa eh!

Well, I manage to hit my estimated sales which I told my supervisor, Jared. In the beginning, he told me...sales 200 ok? I was like...err what?!?! That he asked me about my estimated sales for the day. I simply said...100. Lol. And yeah, Me and Jessica hit it. 104 bottles sold out. Trust me, this job is not like...you can do it everyday cos it freaking tired and exhausting man. No sitting! And imagine! We didn't wait fr customers to drop by our booth and taste the oat milk. Kinda like...go and approach. Well, it's promoting and tht's our job lol. 2nd day, we sold 114 oat milk. Cool. So, Jessica and I sold about 200++/320 bottles in 2 days. Is that good? Haha, bt I'm kinda like happy since this is my really 1st time promoting. Simply it was a great experience. :)


Photobucket
Buy 2 free 1 skim milk lol.

Photobucket


Photobucket
''Adik! Kalau sedap beritahu mama eh!''

Photobucket
Jared, Jessica and I

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is great to know that you got job from AsiaPartTime.com.
Hope you have a good experience with it.